develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2022

Pre-{Pre-RFC} - Survey of prior art on a theme ofreflection/introspection

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
August 1, 2022 16:34
Subject:
Pre-{Pre-RFC} - Survey of prior art on a theme ofreflection/introspection
Message ID:
20220801173407.2c830250@shy.leonerd.org.uk
I'm slowly gathering up ideas on writing a Pre-RFC on the overall theme
of introspection and (what Java at least calls) reflection; the idea of
perl code somehow inspecting or manipulating details of itself.

Currently I want a list of "prior art" in the area. I'm not yet looking
for new ideas of things to make, I just want to see what already exists.

So far my thoughts have:

  * Perl native syntax for manipulating GLOB refs (`*foo = sub {...}`
    et. al.)

  * PadWalker

  * B::Concise

  * B::Deparse

  * Package::Stash

  * Object::Pad::MOP::Class et.al.

Can anyone suggest any other _existing_ things in this area that I may
have overlooked?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans